Rules and regulations
- The Competiton is open to pianists of all nationalities.
- The first prize winners of the previous International Piano Competitions cannot participate in the same age group of the current Competition.
- The maximum number of participants can be limited by the organization.
- Applicants in Group A must be born between 1 Nov. 1996 and 1 Nov. 2002.
- Applicants in Group B must be born between 1 Nov. 1992 and 1 Nov. 1996.
- All necessary documents for participation must be received by the Competition Secretary before 1 July 2012.
- A limited number of participants admitted to the Competition shall be offered the opportunity to stay with guest families in and near Enschede during the Competition period. Participants are allowed to be accompanied by one family member or a teacher. If one prefers a hotel they must make their own accommodation arrangements.
- Each competitor is responsible for all costs that may be incurred by participation in the Competition.
- No appeal shall be possible against decisions by the Jury or by the Competition Directors.
- The International Piano Competition for Young Musicians is sole holder of the rights to all video or audio recordings and internet broadcasts in all stages of the Competition.
- The competitors receive no payment for possible TV or radio transmissions, or for participation in the Closing Concert.
- For reasons of competition planning the competitors are required to report in time.
- All prize winners are obliged to take part in the closing concert and to be present at the distribution of prizes. Should a prize winner not appear, he/she can lose the claim to prizes; on such matters the Board of the Competition shall decide.
- All organizational decisions concerning the Competition remain the responsibility of the Competition Directors. The Directors reserve the right to make all final decisions in the event of any misunderstanding.
- Competition winners must, if requested to play a number of concerts in benefit of the Competition, for which the Competition will pay for the costs of travel and accommodation.
- For as long as pianists take part in the Competition they shall not be permitted to have contact with, or speak with members of the International Jury.
- The application fee of € 80 or € 100 cannot be returned.
- By signing the application form the participants declare that they approve the terms and conditions mentioned in the regulations.
The application fee can be transferred to the following account:
Rabobank Enschede - Haaksbergen
Raiffeisenstraat 75, 7514 AM, Enschede, the Netherlands
IBAN: NL06 RABO 0155 1575 58
Account holder- Foundation IPC
Account number: 1551.57.558
Expenses connected with the money transfer are to be covered by the applicant.
Indicate the name and address of the bank where the transfer is made from
When transferring this payment be sure to mention:
Your name, age group (A, or B), application fee Foundation IPC
The application fee: € 80 ( Eighty Euro) for applications before the deadline of current competition. Late application may be accepted as exception for € 100 ( Hundred Euro).